Adventures in Africa





onsdag 10 november 2010

Rat

The story of my house guests continues; while I was away a rat moved into my house in Nanhimbe. He is the one house guest I appreciate the least so far and I hope I will find a way to kill him soon! The other night, sitting peacefully reading in my couch I saw the little bastard peak out of the ceiling and start walking upside down towards me! Jesus – I really didn’t like that move. Fortunately he saw me suddenly and returned through a crack in the bamboo ceiling. Coming home the day after, I heard him in my trash bag and immediately called Frank. I’m too much of a coward to get close myself, but Frank couldn’t get him either. Well, well one of these days will be his last! Maybe I’ll borrow a cat and let it up on top of the ceiling where the ugly thing lives – I can hear him roaming around up there, lying in bed at night :/

Other than that I don’t have much news at the moment. Life is getting back to normal; I get up at 04.45 for my run with Anne-Laure Tuesdays and Thursdays. Then I run with Frank Wednesdays and Fridays in the afternoon and then all 3 of us go for a longer run Sunday mornings. In between I walk or run by myself and am supposed to do Pilates at least 3 times per week… I will start the Pilates tomorrow again ;) I know my back will get so much better once I’m back on track with that training as well. Summa summarum: training feels good and I’m getting stronger and in better shape every week. Have lost a couple of kilos too. (Was about time…)

It feels like it’s getting hotter by the day now, the temperature goes up to 33 ̊C in the shade and inside my house it never goes below 27 ̊C. It starts to get harder to fall asleep because it’s just too warm. I really need to buy a fan soon. And after running I’m sweating so much you would think I was coming OUT of the shower instead of getting in.

2 kommentarer:

  1. Hej vännen, vi pratade om dig på jobbet idag och Kerstin berättade att hon läser din blogg. Miss you

    SvaraRadera
  2. Åh, hälsa så mycket till alla!! Saknar er också, men trivs fortfarande toppenbra härnere!
    Många kramar

    SvaraRadera