Adventures in Africa





onsdag 6 oktober 2010

Bats,

cockroaches, spiders, a grasshopper and some big furry thing with about 10 000 legs are my new house guests. The bats are ok, they just hang in the roof as long as I am awake and the lights are on => one on the porch and one inside the house. But they wake me up in the middle of the night with their uuuiiiiiii-sound. The cockroaches I’m not afraid of, but they are big and disgusting. The spiders I hope are not poisonous – I certainly tell myself they’re not… The grasshopper is ok as long it doesn’t attack me and the other unidentified thing is kind of ok as well, it doesn’t seem to take any particular interest in me:) We don’t have that many mosquitoes yet, but I’m sure there will be plenty when the rains come.



Other than that I’ve only seen goats, chicken and cows on the island so far. I think there are snakes, but thankfully they seem to be quite private and don’t show themselves too often. This morning, running by a big flowering tree, I could hear what must have been a million bees humming. It is possible to buy Ibo honey I’ve heard, so I’ll see if I can find some later today.

1 kommentar:

  1. Beware of the "unidentified things"... they are only discussing how to preapre you for dinner..... :)
    LittleBro

    SvaraRadera