Adventures in Africa





tisdag 25 maj 2010

Dad

Saturday was my dad’s birthday and I wish I could have been in Krokek, celebrating him with my family! I miss both them and all my friends back home very much. Good for me I have some new friends here; otherwise I’ll probably be heading home soon. But C, Frank & Jutta (among others) are really great!

And next week is Magda coming from Zanzibar to visit. She wants to check Pemba out and see if she will move here instead. She is a teacher from Poland and will hopefully success in finding a job here. Then we just have to find her a place to stay and she’ll be all set :)

I've been diving twice this last week and it’s been awesome! Have seen tons of fish and at least 3 Stingrays (bigger than the ones in Zanzibar). They look so cool just fluddering around in the water!

And - finally I’ve found a place where I can give massage. It’s a gym, no longer in use, just 5 minutes walk from my house. Perfect! Saturday we moved the massage table from Frank’s house and now I can start any day. I just hope Frank hasn’t been talking to too many people about what he called “the torture session”… But he wants to get another one - so I guess he’s ok ;)

Today I discovered I have taken over 2 500 pics already on this trip. So here are some from my new neighborhood:

My casa in Pemba







Low tide fishermen, my everyday view from the balcony



Next door neighbors









I just had to put in another sunset...









Frank working on my massage table - thank you so so much Frank!!



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar