Adventures in Africa





onsdag 26 maj 2010

Yeah!

The last couple of nights I’ve kept forgetting to send a text message to Jo asking for her running plans this week. Freud?!?

Must be because I am kind of half in a training mood, half in a vacation mood and half in a “want to start work soon” mood. I guess it’s a bit hard from time to time to pull yourself together and do the less easy things when you don’t HAVE to. I definitely find it easy to get a bit lazy, but eventually my body always wants me to change into a healthier lifestyle – kind of amazing actually. If I don’t eat enough vegetables for a while my body starts to crave them (same goes for chocolate unfortunately…) and if I don’t exercise enough; same thing. I am very happy about that – it makes it so much easier to live the way I prefer!

So => today I ran the full 10 k’s!! I was kind of close the 2 first runs last week as well, but only went 8 + 7 on those. Which I am very happy with, but today it feels goooood :) And I did it with my training top inside out AND backwards. But, you know, it was 5.00 am when I got dressed… Don’t know if anybody noticed - hope not.

After breakfast I walked into town (another 8 km! Yeesss) to immigrations to start the work on my monthly extension of the visa. And, of course, they sent me right back home. But actually because I came one week too early this time, so that’s not too bad. Hope it works out smoothly next week instead.

Today I also had my first private lesson in Portuguese! It feels great to finally get started. I have been trying to learn on my own, but it is kind of hard. I’m still at the same level as 3 weeks ago; I can order food and ask the guarda to do my laundry and stuff like that but that’s a bit too far from where I want to be. But I’m sure Marcia will get me there in no time :)

3 kommentarer:

  1. Love reading about your life in Mozambique! We are off to Italy today, Amalfi and Capri It's about half-way to you so maybe you could pop-up for a weekend get-together!! XOXOX Johan

    SvaraRadera
  2. Tjejen!Kul med portugisiska. Har nu försökt att "catch up" eftersom det var länge sen jag var här och läste. Fråga - jobbar du fortfarande? Hur är planen framåt?
    kraaaaaaaaam!

    SvaraRadera
  3. Hi guys!
    I wish I could have come to Italy! That would have been amazing!!! xxxx

    Lena - har skickat mail till dig...
    KRAM

    SvaraRadera