Adventures in Africa





måndag 17 maj 2010

Frustration

I bought some DVDs last week and have now been watching some of them. There are about 10-20 something movies on each DVD and not all of them are what I hoped...

First of all; half of them are French spoken with French subtitles (it says English on the cover of course). And that would have been great if I wanted to study French, but for now I’m quite satisfied with Portuguese… Then there is one both English spoken and with English subtitles – it’s just that either the subtitles belonged to another movie, or the person writing them was extremely creative. That’s ok since I do understand English, but sometimes the noise from the road outside my window is so loud I can’t hear what they are saying.

Then I watched Denzel Washington in “The Debater”, I must say his French is terrific. This time it was with English subtitles though, so I could actually understand the whole movie. And, finally, I also saw “John Q”. Heartbreaking story and I really hope it all ended well! The after texts broke off the movie 10-15 minutes early…

Well, well – can’t do much about it. At least I can’t complain about life being too predictable here in Africa!

My cold is now over and I have started my way back to full exercise again. Long walks every morning since Friday. And tomorrow I have a jogging date with Jo at 05.15 and 10 k’s to look forward to. I really don’t know if I’m up for the full 10 yet, but I’ll definitely give it a shot! My aim is to run every other day and walk every other day. Obviously it’s needed for more reasons than feeling good and taking care of my health => last week I met my diving buddy Gerry one day and he murmured something I didn’t hear. When I asked him to repeat he goes “you’re FAT!” No beating around the bush there :) :)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar