Adventures in Africa





måndag 26 april 2010

Peeling

The wind has changed! It is quite strong and it feels refreshing and very nice! It also covered me with fine white sand at Murrebue beach yesterday. So when putting on sun protection lotion I got a really nice peeling! Much better than paying a fortune in the spa at Pemba Beach Hotel :) The humidity seems to have decreased a bit as well; I actually use my cover sheet in bed in the early hours now. It is a big relief that the worst heat seems to be gone by now and I hope “winter” will be like this and maybe even just a little bit cooler.

I have been a bit lazy with my running since I got well after the stomach thing. But I think I have a good reason; I ran one morning and got 3(!) blisters that took about a week to heal. And today I thought I would take a walk into to town and maybe run later in the afternoon to get started again. It’s approximately 6 km to town from where I live, and of course it gave me a new blister… I need to buy new running shoes to make this work – and that’s impossible to find in Pemba. Maybe (if I’m lucky) I’ll find some in Dar-es-Salaam. I have done some reading and planning for my trip and have decided to stay the first night in Dar. Then I will take the ferry to Stone Town and stay there a couple of nights before heading north to Nungwi Beach. That is if I don’t meet people with better tips, ideas and suggestions of course.

After what I’ve heard Zanzibar is heaven for a shopaholic like me (or maybe hell if on a tight budget…) so I am looking forward to buying all sorts of highly necessary things like shoes, beautiful capulanas (sarongs) and whatever else there is ;)

Have a great week you all!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar