Adventures in Africa





onsdag 14 april 2010

Shopping day

It took me all day on Monday just to upload the pics for my blog. It’s really frustrating that it takes at least 1-2 hours for each picture, sometimes even longer! I took a break in the middle of the day and went to C. We walked to the market in her little village, Nanhimbi, and bought some crackers and buns. The buns were 1 Mts each and that equals approximately 25 öre in SEK. It’s really almost surreal – we don’t even have that small change anymore in Sweden and a bun like that could easily go for 5 SEK. A bottle of coke (300 ml) cost 3 SEK. And it just goes on like that. But then there is also a lot of things that are really expensive => mosquito repellant are at least 40 SEK for a stick and chips is 20 SEK for a small bag and if you need a 42˝ flat screen TV it’s about 21 000 SEK for brands like LG.

Yesterday I went into town to do some shopping for my new place. I had to get towels and bed linen. I also bought a blouse for 18 SEK. When things are that cheap it’s impossible for a shopaholic not to buy them. I still need a new torch though – the one I paid 65 Mts = ca 16 SEK (including the 3 batteries) didn’t last more than 24 hours… No surprise there I guess.

Today I’m moving to Jutta’s place so now I am going to start packing!

2 kommentarer:

  1. I have to assist! You need to have a way to create smaller versions of your photos for posting to the blog. That will make it go so so soooo much faster. I'll email you about it! XOX Johan

    SvaraRadera
  2. Perfect! Thank you - looking forward to that e-mail :) Although I can say that choosing the smaller version in "överför bild" doesn't do anything to speed it up...
    XX Syrran

    SvaraRadera