Adventures in Africa





lördag 27 mars 2010

Chuva


Woke up to a big thunder storm today which lasted all morning. It was very nice! I love thunder storms! And the air actually cleared up for a couple of hours, it was really cool and refreshing. Now, of course, the temperature is back to normal…

Frank came and picked me up around one o’clock and we went to "556" for a drink, and then to Pemba Dive & Bush Camp for another, before heading back to Russell’s. The dirt roads are a bit bumpy after the chuva (rain) but today it was quite ok - I have seen worse even if I've only been here a couple of weeks. It has been a very nice afternoon – thank you Frank for the jail break :) It really felt good to get out of the camp for a while, I needed that!

Coming back, Gail and I went for a run. But couldn’t go as far as we intended because we were chased by a whole heard of mad dogs! Luckily we had our own guard dog with us, Siri, who managed to fight them all off. The stupid guards had closed the gate, which obviously would have been great if there weren’t 3 other openings in the wall. The closed gate just gave us false security, otherwise we would have walked passed that house!

Anyway - tonight I am taking the night off!! Anything can happen ;)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar