Adventures in Africa





måndag 22 mars 2010

Portuguese

It’s time to start learning Portuguese! Today James brought me a course (thank you so much) that I will listen to every day on my computer. I’ve been promised to borrow some books as well, so soon enough I’m sure I will be close to fluent :)

Otherwise it has been another hot and humid day in the camp. I was planning to go the pool at Club Naval today, after shopping with Gail, but the car we waited for came back way too late… That was a bit disappointing, but I’ll just go tomorrow instead. That’s a very good thing with the nice weather here.

So instead I started study for my diving certificate! And Gail and I went to Bettina to pick up a couple of things she brought from Maputo for Russell’s pool. She lives in an Italian complex just up the road which is very nice! It’s so interesting to see how people live here.

We managed to fit in a run in the afternoon as well. And today, for the first time since I came, I did some push-ups and sit-ups afterwards. Feels like I’m getting my training going a little bit better suddenly. I discovered that Gail has a skipping rope, so I can use that if she is busy and can’t come run with me. I also have to contact Jo and see if we can manage to get together some day! She runs 10 km at 05.15 in the morning a couple of times a week and that is ok as long as I don’t work until 01.00 the night before… I just have to figure out a schedule that work and then I will start running with her as well.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar