Adventures in Africa





tisdag 16 mars 2010

Malaria

Today I have a fever and sore throat. I am feeling a bit sorry for myself and have stayed in bed almost all day. Because I was also here in November I went to the clinic for a malaria test just to make sure. Fortunately it was negative. I guess it’s just a cold in the heat. Gail has been taking very good care of me making sure I ate dinner (room service!! :)) and putting on a video for me. I appreciate that very much, thank you Gail!!

Malaria is not a big thing once you’re here; “if you get it – just take your medicine and you’ll be fine“ But of course it’s important to take the test and then medicine if you need it. If you think too loosely of it, it might cost you your life or make malaria a lifetime decease. A lot of people advise me to stop taking the malaria tablets because they’re not good for you. I’ll probably do that in a couple of weeks when the rain season comes to an end. But until then I might just as well go on since I don’t experience any side effects at all.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar