Adventures in Africa





tisdag 9 mars 2010

Why Mozambique?

…is a question many people asked me when I told them what I was up to.

It all started with an urge for skiing (!) a little bit over a year ago and ended with me going to southern Africa… So how did that happen? I’m not sure myself, but after a vacation to South Africa (Cape Town, Johannesburg, Kapama River Lodge in Greater Kruger Park) and Mozambique (Pemba) I realized I had fallen in love with Africa! And I wanted to see more.

Coming back to Sweden I mostly felt I hadn’t seen enough of Mozambique (I pretty much didn’t see anything outside the Pemba Beach Hotel). And to be in a country so different to what I am used to and not experience it was a bit of a disappointment – my own fault, but nevertheless… My first thought was to go back for a longer vacation. But once that thought was in my mind I started dreaming about taking a year off and do it “properly”. And here I am – 7 days into my African adventure with a one year’s leave of absence from HRG… My plan is to get to know as much of this part of the world as I can afford :)

I am staying at Russell’s Place; http://www.pembamagic.com/ in Pemba in the northern part of Mozambique; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pemba,_Mozambique
Pemba is right on the shore of the Indian Ocean, overlooking the 3rd largest natural bay in the world; http://www.pemba-info.com/

2 kommentarer:

  1. Ciao bella! How is the Indian Ocean treating you? Thanks for sending the pictures, send more when you can! I love, love your blog what a great idea and RED is perfect! Love you, Sxx

    SvaraRadera
  2. Love your red theme, thanks for keeping us up-to-date. Have fun!
    Johan

    SvaraRadera