Adventures in Africa





lördag 20 mars 2010

Wow!

Diving was really something else. Much more than I expected on every account! It was fascinating to be able to stay under water such a long time (or actually to stay under water at all ;)) We went down to 11 (!) meters and stayed 35 minutes.

And there are so much to see for a new beginner like me; starfish in different colors just kind of lying around, lots and lots of tiny fish in the colors of the rainbow, sea cucumbers – sticky bläää, corals and much more. Bigger fish in deeper water...maybe next time. I know I have seen it before, snorkeling, but to be able to stay put, or follow a fish if you want to, is really something extra! I totally understand why so many people love to scuba dive!

And, yes I admit it => I was a bit scared at first and felt a little bit of panic. I almost didn’t go in the water the second time, but boy am I glad I did! Stupid of me not to understand this was coming. It is so much against everything you have ever learnt is possible – it must be just natural that your body reacts on it. And thinking about it I must say I’m glad I do react, otherwise something might be really wrong…

So that means I have signed up for the whole course :)


My instructor Pieter to the left and diving buddy Nick in the middle

2 kommentarer:

  1. Wow - sounds fantastic!!!
    BigBro

    SvaraRadera
  2. It was! And I hope I will get the opportunity to swim with dolphins soon!!

    SvaraRadera