Adventures in Africa





tisdag 30 mars 2010

Internet

Internet and power are two things that come and go in my life these days. No power means no Internet, but that’s only one of the reasons why the Internet is down. The last couple of days have been worse than ever, but now I hope the new router will do its job and make it both faster and more reliable.

This weekend I went to the beach with Jutta again :) George and John, who both were staying in the camp a couple of days, came along and we had a nice relaxing day! The water is so different from what I have experienced before => it’s really hot, but there are cool streaks which make it a little bit refreshing in some spots at least.

After that – back to work, which was a total mess! One of the waiters didn’t show up. Everything was backed up already when I came and I’m not sure I ever caught up… It’s normal to wait for food 1 hour after you order here in Pemba, but when it takes 1½ - 2 hours even these patient people will be a bit frustrated. I totally understand - I think 1 hour is much too long! But I am getting used to it. And, as C said, once you’re used to it and come back to Europe where the food come very quick; it’s too fast!! Anyway - I was tired at 11 pm when I went to bed.

Yesterday I was studying for my diving certificate and later this week I will probably go for my second dive. At least I hope so!

Working was much easier last night, thank you very much! And my biggest concern was the stupid mozzie that had found its way in through my mosquito net and were buggering me all night. I actually have 63 mosquito bites totally on my legs right now - then there is the rest of the body... Guess if I want the rain season to end quickly now!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar